Sunday, May 12, 2013

~A Fun Little Twist~ The Robins Nest Design Team Project for May!!




  ~A Fun Little Twist~

I have always enjoy creating new ideas and ways to" reinvent" so when this months design team project was centered around the NEW Flames Line  Cardstock from the Robins Nest I kept visualizing flowers rising from the flames... must be because it is Spring here :) So I decided to go with the flow and create a "garden" journal page from it~ I know crazy but call it "spring fever" I guess!

~Supplies~
Robin Nest  New "Flame" line cardstock
Mod Podge
Black Gesso
Journal Page
Ditto Spray Glimmer Mist
Acrylic Paints
 Small paper doily 
Swirl stamp
White  ink pad
"Blessed" Rubber Stamp or something similar
Black ink Pad
Black Pitt pen for outlining




 I began with the New "Flames" Cardstock paper and pasted it to my journal page with Mod Podge

After that I used black gesso to cover the top portion of the paper ( randomly) to create a dark background and to provide a base for the rest of the mixed media





I then used "Ditto" Shimmer Mist and created drips for the stems off the flowers. I wanted that sheerness so the flames could still show through.


Paper doilies always come in handy and were used here as a stencil to create the light airy feel of the flowers on the stems.




  Since I really wanted larger flowers as well I added several here to create more of a focal point.


 I also wanted some  sort of a border so I used a piece of a stencil that had swirls, to go around the page and to introduce more color. In the right hand corner you can see I added a "Blue Moon".
I continued on with dots of paint to outline the flowers and to have them stand out more. I outlined the flowers,leaves and stems in a black pitt pen .As a final touch I used a white stamp pad and stamp with swirls on it and went around the edges to add texture. I then added to the bottom of the page, one of my favorite words stamps~ Blessed~
This was a very fun creative process and who would have known it all started with The" Flame" embossed cardstock from Robin's Nest! They have a great selection and are all on sale this month!!
 Have a beautiful creative day and find something unique to start with to then totally turn into something different!


~In Love & Faith~
Sherri

5 comments: