Santa Clause is Coming to Town"
Christmas time is my most favorite time of the year and I love to decorate my house with beautiful white lights and whimsy! To create this whimsical wooden piece I used wooden scraps from the recent building of my art studio. The Santa shape was a broken piece of 2 x 4 so I just went with that shape( it resembled an old fashioned Santa with his tall hat on). For the birdhouse hole I just found a 2 x4 with a knot hole in it! I also wanted it to look distressed so I did some steps below to create that look. So come and join me for some holiday whimsy!
PROXXON Scroll saw-DSH-E
PROXXON Delta Sander-OZI-E
Scrap pieces of 2 x 4 - from 1-2 feet in length
Acrylic paints ( white, black,skin tone,red,blue and green)
Glue gun/glue sticks
Crooked wooden stick for the walking stick
Vintage metal key
Paper holiday ephemera
Gold Gel Pen
1) Decide what size you want to make your wooden cut outs and cut them using the Proxxon Scroll Saw DSH-E
2) Using the Delta Sander OZI-E sand the edges of the pieces.
3) Using the acrylics paint all your wooden pieces and let dry. I used the Tim Holtz line of distressed crackle paint for the birdhouse in white after using a blue ink pad to add some color as a distressing factor.I also added a small broken piece of stick for the perch on the birdhouse.
4) Distress the edges of the other pieces with a sepia ink pad.
5)To assemble, I used the glue gun to glue things in place.
6) Use the skin tone paint and paint an area on Santa for his face and beard.
7)Use the modeling paste to create the beard on Santa and the effect of snow on the wooden pieces with a palette knife and let dry.
8) Use your chosen items of ephemera for decorating your whimsical pieces. Glue down with your glue gun.
9) Use your gold gel pen to do some detail work on Santa.
This is such a fun creative project and I hope you have as much fun as I did!
Have fun and Happy Holidays!!