Graphic 45 Design Team Audition 2016
I love to think outside of the box and create unique inspirational items both in my artwork and jewelry design. Below I have 3 of my favorite art projects with a tutorial at the end.
Creating sweet little houses is something I really enjoy and the more embellishments the better. I want people to connect with a feeling of happiness and joy when they see these houses. I create several types of houses both Victorian and Beach houses and love the fun whimsical look infused with inspiration!
The next project that I enjoy creating is these "Blessing Boxes". They are little 5 x5 decorated boxes with handmade tiles on the lid and hold inside heartfelt items,poems and anything that is special and of meaning.
These polymer tiles are handmade and created to offer inspiration!
I enjoy using all kinds of embellishments and adornments to create these one of kind "Blessings Boxes"!
The last project that is one of my favorites is these lovely leather beaded journals! It is so much fun to be able to work in something beautiful and unique when doing artwork or journal writing so that is the reason I decided to create these unique journals!
I enjoy creating Vintage girls in my journals and here is one below that I designed on a wood and call it
"Paper Doll Parade".
Below is short tutorial on creating this sweet wooden
Vintage paper doll girl.
1 rectangle piece of wood about 3 x 8 or whatever you have on hand
Red Acrylic paint for painting the rectangle piece of wood
Paper doll "parts" ( head, legs, arms, wings,crown etc)
Several Charms ( with jump rings)
White fine tip pen
Inspirational Stamp for the lower half
Small "love" stamp
Stamp Pad ( I used black Archival)
Welbond Glue ( for the metal key)
Mat gel medium
1)Begin by painting the wood rectangle with the red acrylic paint and let dry
2) Cut out the doll parts and glue them onto the rectangle with mat medium
3) Glue the Key onto the rectangle using Welbond Glue and let dry.
4) Stamp the inspirational saying onto the bottom using the black stamp pad ink.
5) Using your white pen, dot the edges of the paper doll around the rectangle.
6) Stamp your canvas tag with the "Love" stamp. Attach the canvas tag and little charms onto the lace ribbon with jump rings. Bring the lace ribbon through the key at the top , tying to secure.
You now have created this fun little wooden Vintage Paper Doll !
Have a beautiful creative day!
~In Love & Light~