Friday, October 14, 2016

WildHeart Art Studio~Art Of A Gypsy Art Retreat~ "Summer Solstice" 2017


June 16th,17th and 18th
 (Optional Winery tour~ June 15th)


Announcing the New 2017 "Art of a Gypsy" Art Retreat filled with much love and inspiration and a whole lot of creative bliss!
Join me in my new art studio in the woods for 2 days of amazing art workshops including 1 optional day before the retreat for those who would like to join us for an amazing day trip starting 
 in a limo and traveling to 4 of the most popular FingerLakes Wineries. Lunch is served outside under the grapevine leaved arbor over looking the vineyard at Knapp Winery and Restaurant
**Early Bird Registration extended!
 **Easy Payment Plan available( Link below)




Each morning of the retreat will begin with a wholesome breakfast and then on to the amazing line up of workshops, gourmet lunches and in the evening a drum circle around the campfire! S'more bar, pizza party and sundae ice cream creations are just another fun aspect of being with us at the retreat.... with several surprises as well! Connections that have been made at my retreats over the years  have  lovingly blossomed into life long friendships just adding to the amazing journey and  experiences awaiting you at 
Art of a Gypsy!

*I would like to announce my guest artist for 
"Art of a Gypsy Summer Solstice 2017"~ Denise Balcanoff!!
Denise will be offering 2 workshops on creating beautiful alcohol ink artwork!


Hi! My name is Denise Balcanoff! I was born and raised in New York City, and developed a passion for art at a very young age. I attended the H.S. of Art & Design in Manhattan, and continued to study art at Buffalo State College, while also earning my teaching degree. Soon after, I moved to Bloomfield, CT, raised a family, and had a 33 year teaching career.
 Now, I am enjoying my retirement! Yay! Drawing was always my 1st love until I discovered the playfulness of alcohol inks. I love their bright saturated colors and how they blossom when applied to yupo paper. Alcohol inks are a very forgiving medium and are easy to use to achieve beautiful results. I enjoy experimenting with them on different substrates and trying different techniques. When working with alcohol inks, I often feel a bit like a mad scientist, wondering what I'll create next!
 To me art is love and can help heal the soul, and therefore, I love sharing it with others. When I'm not drawing or painting for my own enjoyment, I still enjoy teaching, but instead of working with the little ones, I share my passion with adult and young adult students. Through painting or drawing, I teach them to relax and release the stresses of the day!
 You can see more of my art on my art page https://www.facebook.com/dbsoulfulcreations 
Love & Blessings,
 Denise <3

****Workshops Include****

 ~Handmade Paper~
Using beautiful additions of foils, glitter,different types of pulp and cottons, flower petals and a couple of other surprises we will create Amazing handmade paper to use in our artwork, to write letters or create cards!!


~ Vintage Gypsy Journals~
 We will be creating unique Vintage style art journals incorporating vintage ephemera, fabric,lace, fun embellishments and so much more!  Several of the pages will also be adorned with these fun Vintage Gypsy girls!! By  also using vintage book covers that we adorn with fun items we will  be creating one of a kind art journals!



~Celebrate YOU Art Tags~
Using your favorite pictures of yourself and  your loved ones  we will create inspirational art tags with special meaning! We will be using, paints,inks,sprays,paper ephemera,Sari Silk ribbon, stamps, texture pastes, bead gels and embossing tools... all kinds of wonderful supplies to create these beauties!



Body Art~ Henna Workshop
Create some awesome body art with this henna workshop where you will design your own henna tattoo and have fun applying and creating your own body art!





Bonus Workshop
~Fairy Houses~



 Denise Balcanoff



~Discovering the Playfulness of Alcohol Inks~ 
In this class you will reconnect with your inner child through exploring the playful and very forgiving medium, alcohol inks. These very beautiful and saturated inks will have you “oohing  and ahhing” with each drop of color you drip on your paper.
You will discover the interesting properties of the inks, how they blossom, and how to manipulate them to create amazing works of art!

~Fun with Compressed Air and Alcohol Inks~
Compressed air isn’t just for cleaning your keyboard, it’s a great tool to produce beautiful works of art!
In this class we will create blooms, landscapes, and abstracts using the power of air to move and manipulate alcohol inks on yupo paper! 
This exciting technique produces very interesting and unique effects and is so much fun!
Learn how to create dramatic skies, delicate translucent flower petals, and expressive abstracts. This is a class that you won’t forget!

Some beautiful pictures of what surrounds me and my art studio and I  invite you to join us for 3 days of art, beauty,friendship and inspiration.

 A Big Thank you to my Co Sponsors
Stencil Girl Stencils and Unity Stamps!



















Cost of the retreat includes 2 full days of creative bliss, supplies,all food/beverages/snacks,events at the studio and "Welcome" Goody Bags!!
Local Airport would be either Syracuse or Rochester ( we are in the middle) and they are about 45 minutes to an hour away) Transportation would need to be arranged at the airport or before hand to bring you here. We are located in  the town of Phelps.
Accommodations are not included but these are new hotels that are reasonable and right down the road from the studio. For those of you that might like to share a room.. let me know as I can help connect you up.
Holiday Inn Express~ Geneva
Microtel Inn and Suites
 Spaces are limited so sign up early! 
 Payment plan  and registration available below
Sorry no refunds once paid in full





No comments:

Post a Comment