"With This Ring I Thee Wed"
By WildHeart Art featuring SinCity Stamps and Ecstasy Crafts
I love creating these fun little wedding cake journal pages and what better time to do this project than in May! I love to work with all kind of fun textures and this project lends itself well to that type of artwork! You ca also use up alot of little "do dads" for the decorating as it doesn't take much in the way of supplies to decorate them! I also happen to be using some beautiful items from SinCity Stamps and Ecstasy Crafts.
Assorted markers for shading
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Tim Holtz Stickles
Acrylic paint in corresponding color for background
Vintage style tissue paper for the background
Selection of corresponding collage papers cut into rectangles to represent each layer
1) Start by gathering your pre- cut rectangle collage papers and tissue paper.
2) Using you Matt Gel medium glue down the tissue paper for the background onto the journal page. I also dabbed some acrylic paint here and there for interest and color.
3) Glue down the rectangle papers of different lengths to represent a wedding cake with size different tiers.
4) You then will start the detail work positioning the lace stickers as shown above and adding the self adhesive pearl dots. Feel free to also outline the tiers in maker to give the cake depth.
5) This collage paper already had a butterfly on it about the same size, so I am just gluing it down over the existing pattern.
Here you can see the detail up close.
6) I wanted to give the illusion of a stained glass butterfly so I applied Tim Holtz Stickles glitter glue inside the butterfly wings for a bit of color and shimmer to the wings.
7) I then detailed the lace and the cake with "Liquid Pearls" by Ranger
I just love how it all comes together with all the beautiful detailing!
8) The last thing I did was to add the velum quote at the very top of the wedding cake!
I hope you all have had a wonderful time creating this beautiful tired wedding cake!
*For those of you who love Stampington & Company Publications ~ Check out their Summer issue of Somerset Studio Gallery Magazine which hits the newsstands June 1st~
I am featured in the Artist Spotlight with my Vintage Beach House Mixed media Canvas! YAY!
In Love & Faith