Tuesday, May 5, 2015

~Celebrate Your Garden With A Magic Vintage Door~

 ~Celebrate Your Garden With A Magic Vintage Door~

There is so much beauty in a garden filled with color, joy, texture and whimsy! I have always re-purposed items and found unique and creative ways to incorporate them into my gardens. My husband just doesn't get it though... he asks me why we need an old door or  bicycle etc. in the garden".. does he not know that everything doesn't need a logical purpose! It is important in life to have  fun celebrating  the unique and wonderful surprises that  come along or that you create... its what makes life interesting!

 Usually these projects start out as a "problem" I need to fix or items that I LOVE and need to find a home for. As you can see below we had a huge ugly metal clothesline right in the middle of where I wanted to extend the gardens (not to "bad mouth the clothesline pole" as  they  definitely  are useful... just not where I wanted it in my garden:) So I wanted something to hide as much of it as possible!





   I purchased the door for $20.00 at our local ReStore ( which I frequent often)The door had a hole where the lock was so I placed a filigree metal plate over the area,concealing it and also adding that Vintage touch!



I wanted an inspirational message on the door so I added the quote above and sealed it with Polyurethane. It also combines nicely with the small vintage type trough water feature that is next to the door.




 I found this fun metal planter at Michael's , planted begonias and added a crystal drop under the spigot to resemble  a sparkly drip of water. I also had found old basket at the Restore for $2.00 and planted  it with flowers and placed it at the bottom of the door.


You walk down a small hill and under a tree with the garden off to the side so it makes  for a beautiful magical space to walk through . I look forward to seeing the garden  fill in and change while seeing the door there just spurs on ones imagination to wonder what you could find if walking through that "magical door" in the garden! 





4 comments:

  1. I just bought the same planter! It's so cute! I love the door in the garden! Magical! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Leena~ Thanks for stopping by and Yes that planter is so fun!! Enjoy your garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I love your blog page, thank you for the invitation! Wow just awesome!! I love it all!! ~ Louise from the B'sue Creative Group!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by Louise!! So glad you enjoy and have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete