~Under Water Fantasy~
Design Team Submission for Sin City Stamps
One of my favorite mixed media tools are rubber stamps! They are so fun and versatile and can add a uniqueness to any art project . Sin City Stamps has a wonderful selection of unique rubber stamps and my idea for this project was to use their flower stamp on the journal page. I then created detail with pens,markers and glitter glue. The background was so fun, just doing random sprits with Dylusions Ink sprays and whatever random shapes appeared when sprayed, was what I went with ( live on the edge I say:). As you can see, the shapes that I saw in the ink sprays were that of mermaids. The main shapes as you see here where then outlined and then embellished.
Journal Page 8 1/2 X 11
Sin City Stamps-"Natural Beauty" ( Plate of Rubber) Flower stamp
Archival Stamp Pad in Black
Dylusions Ink Sprays ( in shades of orange,yellow,pink and turquoise)
Sakura Gel Pens-(Gelly Rolls in asst colors)
Micron black pens in 03 and 05
Tim Holtz Stickles ( in assorted colors) Glitter Glue
Work Fixative Spray to seal journal page
1) Randomly spray a journal page with the ink sprays ( no gesso prep is necessary) and move the page around so that the ink runs and creates some interesting shapes to work with. Let dry fully when you are happy with the background.
2) Get an idea from the shapes that you have created with the ink spray what direction you would like to go in and an idea of where you would like to place the stamps on the paper.
3) Ink up your stamp and place on the paper.
4) Sketch out your design around the stamped areas, following the ink designs .. create something magical!
5) Once you have the details down go back over the lines with a micron pen.
6) Now for the fun part.. Creating all the wonderful details! I used the Gelly Roll Pens to add sparkle and shine, a gold marker for the flowing hair on the mermaids and added the Stickles here and there for some added pop!
7)When finished, spray with the fixative to seal the page as the inks are water reactive.
I hope you all have a beautiful creative time with this project & enjoy!
In Love & Faith
Check out Sin City for some Awesome rubber stamps and supplies!